#TipsTuesday – Did you know a leaky toilet is one of the most common reasons for water leaks in a home? In honor of National Fix A Leak Week we want to give some tips in spotting these water leaks so you can avoid them:
- Worn Washers or Bolts: This is what keeps the tank attached to the bowl and if any of these components falter, water may start leaking on the floor
- Corrosion: Impurities in the water, age, chemical reactions, or a combination of these can cause pipes or your toilet assembly to corrode. This is potentially the most physically damaging thing that could happen to your plumbing fixtures and pipes since it happens from within.
- Cracked Tank or Bowl: Should this happen to either area, you must replace it immediately. A cracked bowl especially can cause property damage and waste a lot of water.
- Improper Float: The float assembly consists of a large plastic ball attached to a long metal rod that floats in the tank of the toilet. When this stops working, you’ll hear the toilet running continuously which can cause it to overflow.
- Damaged Feed Line: This is the pipe or tube that supplies water to the toilet once you flush. A leak may develop if the connection becomes loose or worn out over time.
If you discover you have a leaky toilet, contact your favorite plumbing repair expert at Patterson Plumbing and Heating today! A specialist will come by, diagnose the plumbing problem, make recommendations and prepare pricing by the job – not the hour – so there are no surprises.
Give us a call at (719) 496-4939 to take advantage of our promotion for a FREE comprehensive plumbing inspection and leak search for homeowners.