Leak Detection in Pueblo
Helping Southern Colorado Homeowners Find & Fix Plumbing Leaks
As a homeowner, you understand that leaks sometimes happen. Whether the leak is small or large, any size leak can translate into a big expense in terms of wasted water and property damage, so it's important to get them fixed as soon as possible. Patterson Plumbing & Heating, Inc. has been helping customers in Pueblo and throughout Southern Colorado with leak detection, prevention, and repair for over 35 years. If you suspect a hidden water leak, don't wait to give us a call!
Schedule your Pueblo leak detection service by calling (719) 496-4939 or by filling out our online form.
Signs of a Water Leak
A leak can account for up to 15% of your home's water usage if not taken care of right away. Detection is the first step in ensuring your home is safe from major concerns and major damages.
Here's what to watch out for:
- Pooling water. It may seem obvious, but if you have standing water in an area where there shouldn't be any water, such as in your basement or near your foundation, you probably have some kind of plumbing leak.
- Unusually lush lawn and vegetation. Moss or greener vegetation around the home could indicate damaged undergrounds pipes, valves, or even sprinklers that are providing your lawn and foliage with extra water.
- High water bills. If your water bill has recently skyrocketed without any significant changes in use, you most likely have a leak that needs to be located and fixed ASAP.
- Water stains on your ceiling or drywall. A brownish spot blooming on your walls or ceilings is a sure sign that water is leaking. Take care of this problem as soon as you spot it to avoid potentially serious damage to the structure of your home.
- Odors of mold or mildew. Mold and mildew thrive in moist environments, so if you notice a musty smell, there's a good chance that water is present where it should not be.
- Sounds of trickling water when taps are off. Call a plumber without delay if you hear sounds of trickling or rushing water when none of your faucets or showerheads are running.
How to Tell if Your Toilet is Leaking
Toilets are one of the leading culprits of leaks inside the home. If you've ever noticed that your toilet seems to randomly flush itself, or if your toilet seems like it's constantly running, your toilet is probably leaking from the tank. While this may not seem like a huge deal, the truth is that this can waste a ton of water, and you're paying for every drop of it.
To check if your toilet is leaking, simply put a couple drops of red food coloring in the tank of the toilet and wait about 20 minutes. If any red dye shows up in the bowl of the toilet, then you have a leak. Be sure to also watch out for water around the base of the toilet. This type of toilet leak may indicate a need for a new wax seal between the toilet and the floor.
Plumbing Leak Prevention
Preventing leaks is an important consideration for homeowners. Kinetico offers a leak detection system that can protect your home from leaks and floods. These systems can automatically shut off the water whenever a leak is detected. Patterson Plumbing & Heating is proud to be an Authorized Independent Kinetico Dealer. We invite you to contact us today to learn more about this system!
To make your appointment for leak detection in Pueblo, give us a call today at (719) 496-4939!
How Can We Help?
Gold Club Membership
Experience the convenience of our Gold Club Membership, and keep your systems in optimal shape.
We'll provide you with the options you need to make a plumbing, heating, or air conditioning service happen.
Areas We Service
We service all of southern Colorado, but for more information on specific locations, check out our service areas.
Stay up to date with the latest from Patterson Plumbing & Heating. Some tips, tricks, and DIYs just for you!
Exclusive Online OffersFROM OUR FAMILY TO YOURS
$125 Basic Start up of a Swamp Cooler
Our trained technicians can help get you ready to stop and smell the flowers rather then doing major home repairs this spring. • Hook Up Existing Water Line • Check Existing Drain • Check Major Components for Proper FunctionOffer Details
$99 A/C Inspection
During this inspection, we will check: Thermostat Blower Compartment Blower Outdoor Unit Inner unitOffer Details
Request Your Service Today
Fill out the form below, or call us today at (719) 496-4939 to get started.